- Dec 17: I will be in the PC of Medical CPS 2018 workshop, co-located with CPSWeek 2018 in Porto.
- Nov 17: I will be in the PC of CMSB 2018, that will take place next year in Brno, Czech Republic.
- Nov 17: Our paper Declarative vs Rule-based Control for Flocking Dynamics has been accepted to ACM Symposium on Applied Computing 2018, Intelligent Robotics and Multi-Agent Systems track
- Oct 17: Our paper Closed-loop quantitative verification of rate-adaptive pacemakers has been accepted for publication to ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems
- Sep 17: I'll be co-organizing the VEMDP 2018 (Verification of Engineered Molecular Devices and Programs) workshop at FLoC in Oxford
- Sep 17: Our paper SMT-based Synthesis of Safe and Robust PID Controllers for Stochastic Hybrid Systems has been accepted to Haifa Verification Conference 2017
- Nov 17: My new website is online!
- Aug 17: I was invited to give a talk at the 1st meeting of Italian-American Scientists of Long Island. See presentation
- Aug 17: Our work on synthesis of chemical reaction networks has been accepted for presentation at SASB 2017 workshop in New York. See presentation
- Jun 17: Our paper Data-Driven Robust Control for Type 1 Diabetes Under Meal and Exercise Uncertainties has been accepted to the 15th International Conference on Computational Methods in Systems Biology (CMSB 2017)
- May 17: I was invited to give a talk at the MathWorks Research Summit 2017. See presentation.
- May 17: I will give an invited seminar at the I(CO)2S group, Newcastle University (UK). See presentation.
- May 17: Our tool paper RODES: A Robust-Design Synthesis Tool for Probabilistic Systems has been accepted to the 14th International Conference on Quantitative Evaluation of SysTems (QEST 2017)
- Apr 17: Our paper Syntax-Guided Optimal Synthesis for Chemical Reaction Networks has been accepted to the 29th International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV 2017)
- Feb 17: Our paper Designing Robust Software Systems through Parametric Markov Chain Synthesis has been accepted to the IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA 2017)
In my work, I investigate formal computational methods for the verification, control, and synthesis of stochastic and hybrid systems, with application to biological and biomedical systems. On these topics, I co-authored 30+ papers, obtaining 3 best paper awards, the "best Ph.D. student" award from the University of Camerino, and a number of presentation awards. Lately, I've been investigating robust controller design for the artificial pancreas, rate-adaptive pacing in cardiac devices, optimal synthesis of stochastic chemical reaction networks, and synthesis of robust designs for probabilistic systems.
I'm a post-doc at the Department of Computer Science, Stony Brook University, working with Prof. Scott Smolka and Prof. Shan Lin, and collaborating with many other great scientists in the CyberCardia project. Previously, I was a post-doc in the Department of Computer Science, Oxford University in Prof. Marta Kwiatkowska's group, funded by the VERIWARE project. In 2013, I spent a 3-month internship in the Biological Computation Group, Microsoft Research Cambridge. I obtained a Ph.D. in Information Sciences and Complex Systems from Università di Camerino.
in Information Sciences and Complex Systems,
Università di Camerino, IT
Biological Computation Group,
Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK
Department of Computer Science,
University of Oxford, UK
Department of Computer Science,
Stony Brook University, USA